Monday, September 14, 2009

The Waffle Window

On Sundays if we get up early enough we get a couple of hours to enjoy a nice long brunch before our 1 o'clock church service. We have our favorite place just a couple of blocks from our apt but last Sunday I suggested we try a different place. We rarely venture out to the east side or past 39th in the Hawthorne dist. but on this day we decided to try the waffle window just off Hawthrone and 40th? I read about the place somewhere, I think it was in the Oregonian and have been thinking about it because waffles and crepes, I can have any day anytime anywhere.

When we got to the place it was in fact a window of a building and someone came out to take orders from people who were waiting in line just outside on the sidewalk. (how cute i thought) When it was my turn, I walked right up to the window and ordered the berries bliss for Hubs and a Bacon-Brie-Basil for myself.

They were yummy yummy just as I had imagined. I mean you really can't go wrong with breakfast but the bacon and basil resting on top of the melted brie covered sweet waffle was a perfect combination.
I must go back for a chocolate dipped one for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment